We Treat You with Dignity and Respect
The care you receive depends partially on you. Therefore, in addition to these rights, a patient/client/resident has certain responsibilities as well. These responsibilities are presented in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
The patient/client/resident is responsible:
- To provide accurate and complete information concerning his/her present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to his/her health.
- For reporting perceived risks in his/her care and unexpected changes in his/her condition to the responsible practitioner.
- For following the treatment plan established by his/her physician, including the instructions of nurses and other health professionals as they carry out the physician’s orders.
- For keeping appointments and for notifying the caregiver or physician when he/she is unable to do so.
- For his/her actions should he/she refuse treatment or not follow his/her physician’s orders.
- For assuring that the financial obligations of his/her care are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- For following the organization’s policies and procedures.
- For being considerate of the rights of other patients/clients/residents and staff.
- For being respectful of his/her personal property and that of other persons.
The patient/client/resident and family are responsible:
- For asking questions about the patient/client/resident’s condition, treatments, procedures, Clinical Laboratory and other diagnostic test results.
- For asking questions when they do not understand what they have been told about the patient/client/ resident’s care or what they are expected to do.
- For immediately reporting any concerns or errors they may observe.
For your convenience, please download a copy of the North Central Health Care Patient/Client/Residents Rights and Responsibilities Brochure.