Every Moment Matters
And we do our best to preserve those moments for you and your loved one at Legacies by the Lake, North Central Health Care’s dementia care community.
Alzheimer’s disease is progressive — each successive stage altering a person’s independence, memory and cognitive function. The key to treating dementia is establishing personal, trusting relationships between staff and the individual — and providing services designed exclusively for each resident based on their past life and current condition. We offer varied levels of care, treatment, rehabilitation and therapy in three distinct communities designed around the specific needs of those with Alzheimer’s disease.
Gardenside Crossing is designed for residents with moderate memory loss who need assistance with their daily routines. This community overlooks Rib Mountain with a view of Wausau Airport and access to landscaped, fenced-in grounds along Lake Wausau.
Lake View Heights, with a panoramic view of Lake Wausau, is nestled within secure, landscaped grounds. This community is designed specifically for residents with mild memory loss who still function somewhat independently.
Evergreen Place, which houses residents with severe memory loss and a high level of dependency, has a private backyard and garden.
Each Legacies by the Lake community provides:
- Rehabilitation. We work with both outpatients and residents of Legacies by the Lake, offering music, physical, occupational and speech therapies. We also have a pool on site for aquatic therapies.
- Integrated resident-centered care. Our staff is composed of diverse skilled nursing caregivers and professionals specializing in dementia care. Staff are available 24 hours and work with residents on a daily basis to develop trusting relationships key to dementia care.
- Comprehensive in-house care. Residents receive housekeeping, laundry, dental, vision and lab services. Each resident receives the attention of a dietician to ensure meals meet the preferences and nutritional needs of each individual.
- Open, secure environment. Residents have access to secure landscaped grounds, patios, gardens and walking paths. Indoors, our facilities are provide cozy fireplaces, kitchen areas, bird aviaries and home-like living and dining rooms.
- Activities for all levels of dementia. A critical element of dementia care is helping residents continue to enjoy those activities and interests they have developed over a lifetime. Activities and social interaction are customized for each resident depending on their level of independence, cognitive function and lifelong interests. Music therapies and spiritual, outdoor, community, sensory stimulation activities are available to all.
- Social time. Each community is structured to provide residents as much privacy or sociability as they desire. Private and semi-private rooms are available, as are family rooms for private gatherings.
- Amenities. Each community offers satellite TV, cell phone access, radio, a gift shop, patio with lake views, walking and driving paths, a Memory Garden and access to the Wausau bus line.